jueves, 17 de abril de 2014

GIANTS POSTGAME NOTES FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2014 - GIANTS VS. DODGERS



The Giants and Dodgers combined to go 0-for-10 with the bases loaded during this three game series
(SF 0x5, LA 0x5).

San Francisco Giants Notes

The Giants played in their seventh consecutive game decided by one run (4-3 record)…the last time SF played in seven straight one run games was Aug. 11-17, 1910 (NYG), when they played in eight straight (STATS, LLC).

Pitching Notes

MADISON BUMGARNER: Opponents are hitting .326 (29-for-89) off him this season...last season his .203 opponents average against ranked as the third lowest in the NL.

The Giants bullpen combined to go 3-1 with a 0.54 ERA (2er, 33.1ip) during this nine game home stand.

Hitting Notes

EHIRE ADRIANZA: Recorded a career-high three hits today… became the first Giant to record at least three hits in a game after coming off the bench since Nate Schierholtz did so on April 9, 2011 vs. St. Louis.

The Giants recorded two extra base hits (two 2Bs) during this three game set vs. the Dodgers...SF produced 11 extra base hits (six 2Bs and five HRs) against LA in their three game series earlier this season at Dodgers Stadium.

SF went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position today and finished 5-for-35 (.143) during this series.

Los Angeles Dodgers Notes

Pitching Notes

HYUN-JIN RYU: Tossed 7.0-scoreless innings today and has now thrown 28.0-consecutive scoreless innings on the road dating back to last season...the last Dodgers pitcher to have a scoreless road innings streak of 28.0-or-more innings was Chad Billingsley, who tossed 30.1 scoreless road innings in a row from July 23, 2012 to April 10, 2013 (STATS. LLC).

•        Also, Ryu became just the second Dodgers pitcher in the last 100 years to pitch four straight scoreless road starts…the other was Orel Hershiser from September 5-28, 1988 (STATS, LLC).


•       Improved to 3-1 with a 2.36 ERA (7er, 26.2ip) in four career starts at AT&T Park.

Hitting Notes

ADRIAN GONZALEZ: Went 2-for-4 at the plate and extended his hitting streak to 12 games.

BRYANT JENNINGS & MIKE PEREZ COLLIDE IN A WBC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE ELIMINATOR

GARY SHAW PRODUCTIONS
GSP Logo Black.jpg 
UNDEFEATED HEAVYWEIGHTS
BRYANT JENNINGS MIKE PEREZ
COLLIDE IN A WBC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE ELIMINATOR
AND
DANIEL GEALE BATTLES MATTHEW MACKLIN
SATURDAY, MAY 24, 2014
AMERICAN BANK CENTER in CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS
LIVE ON HBO® 

Undefeated and top rated heavyweights BRYANT "By By" JENNINGS of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and MIKE "The Rebel" PEREZ, fighting out of Cork, Ireland will clash in a World Boxing Council ('WBC') Heavyweight Title Eliminator onSATURDAY, MAY 24, at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texasand televised LIVE on HBO Boxing After Dark® beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, it was announced today jointly by K2 Promotions and Gary Shaw Productions.

The winner of the 12-round bout will become the mandatory challenger for the WBC Heavyweight Title, which was vacated by longtime champion Vitali Klitschko earlier this year. Jennings and Perez are currently ranked #4 and #5, respectively by the sanctioning body.

Opening the telecast is a 10-round middleweight battle between two-time former world champion DANIEL "The Real Deal" GEALE and perennial contender MATTHEW "Mack The Knife" MACKLIN.

"The world has been desperately seeking a heavyweight to take over the division and I believe that person is Me," said Jennings. "By defeating Mike Perez, I will position myself as the mandatory position in the WBC.  My promoter Gary Shaw ensures me that if I win this fight; I'll be looking at a potential world title bout soon.  My main focus is winning this fight against Perez and I'm doing everything in the gym to make that a reality.  I'll be ready to go come May 24th.

"My dream has always been to fight for the heavyweight championship," said Perez. " This has been my dream since I first started boxing and I have sacrificed a lot to get this opportunity. Jennings and I have been on crash course for a while and now with so much at risk I'm sure it will bring out the best in both of us. However, as good as Jennings is I will be victorious."

"Mike Perez is a good fighter with an undefeated record and he is dangerous for any opponent," said Gary Shaw. "But I feel my fighter Bryant Jennings has the athletic ability, the speed and movement to defeat him and is the all around better fighter.  This is the type of fight the fans deserve, two undefeated guys putting it all on the line to get a world title shot, that's what boxing is all about."

Said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, "It is rare to see two undefeated heavyweights once again risk their record in a fight like this featured on HBO. However there was no hesitation from either side when the WBC ordered this eliminator because both fighters want to fight for the WBC Heavyweight Championship of the World."

"We feel that Mike is among the best heavyweights in the world and expect him to show that on May 24th against Bryant Jennings."

"The WBC is proud to sanction the fight between Perez vs. Jennings as a final elimination fight as part of the WBC tournament in the Heavyweight division," stated Mauricio Sulaiman of the World Boxing Council.

"Vitali Klitschko was honored with the Emeritus Champion distinction after he decided to search his dream of becoming President of his country Ukraine and is being regarded as a hero by many."

"The WBC ordered a tournament between all top rated fighters to fight and Perez vs. Jennings will prove to be a formidable match to find the second mandatory contender of the WBC Heavyweight division. "

The 29-year-old Jennings, 18-0-0 (10KO's) is coming off his career best victory, a sensational, HBO televised tenth round knockout of Poland's Artur Szpilka on JANUARY 25 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Dominating the action from the outset, Jennings dropped the crafty southpaw in the sixth before finishing him off in the final round.

A highly successful amateur in his native Cuba, the 29-year-old Perez has compiled a record of 20-0-1 (12KO's), since moving to Ireland and turning professional in 2008.

Perez has made two previous appearances on HBO, on NOVEMBER 2, against Magomed Abdusalamov from Madison Square Garden in New York City and more recently facing Carlos Takam on JANUARY 18 from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada.

Hailing from New South Wales, Australia and sporting a record of
30-2-0 (16KO's), the 32-year-old Geale previously held the WBA and IBF middleweight titles. Most recently Geale stopped fellow countryman Garth Wood in the sixth round on FEBRUARY 19 in New South Wales, Australia. 

Former world title challenger Macklin of Birmingham, England has had an illustrious 12-year career having compiled a record of 30-5-0 (20KO's).

Despite suffering a third round stoppage at the hands of middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin on JUNE 29, 2013, Macklin stormed back into the world rankings with a dominant ten round unanimous decision over then undefeated Lamar Russ on DECEMBER 7 in Atlantic City, Jersey. Both of these bouts were telecast on HBO.

"I can't wait to make my return on HBO and fight Mathew Macklin," said Geale. "I'm keen to prove I am still one of the best middleweights in the world. Macklin is a very tough opponent who likes to go to war, as do I, our clash of styles could make a fight that steals the show. I will confirm my status as one of the top fighters in the division with a victory. When I win, I still want to fight Golovkin, if he comes back to 160, or the winner of Sturm vs. Solomon."

Said Macklin, "I'm really excited about the fight with Daniel Geale. He's a good fighter, a former world champion, and he throws a lot of punches like me so I'm expecting it to be a tough, action-packed fight.  After the Golovkin fight, the win over Russ got me back on track and a much-needed 10 rounds of work.  Winning on May 24th against Geale will throw me back into the world title mix, so in many ways this is almost a world title eliminator.  It's a great fight between two of the best and most exciting middleweights in the world."

"Most people are saying that this is a 50/50 fight.  I don't know Geale personally but he seems like a good guy and I respect him as a fighter for what he has achieved and accomplished in his career.  That being said though, I always believed he was tailor made for me and there only going to be one winner on May 24th and that is me."

The Geale/Macklin bout is presented in association with DiBella Entertainment and Grange Old School Boxing.

The American Bank Center is located 1901 N. Shoreline Blvd. in Corpus Christi, Texas. For further information please visit their website at

Advance ticket information and further details on this event will be announced shortly.

For fight updates on JENNINGS VS. PEREZ via Social Media, follow HBO Boxing on Twitter at @HBOBoxing and Facebook at /HBOBoxing, Bryant Jennings on Twitter at @BYJennings, Tom Loeffler/K2 Promotions at@TomLoeffler1 and Gary Shaw Productions at @GaryShawBoxing. Use the hashtag #JenningsPerez to join the conversation on Twitter.

For additional Social Media updates for GEALE vs. MACKLIN using Twitter follow Daniel Geale at @RealDanielGeale and Matthew Macklin at@MattMacklinas well as DiBella Entertainmentat @DiBellaEnt using the hashtag #GealeMacklin

miércoles, 16 de abril de 2014

GIANTS POSTGAME NOTES FOR TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2014 - GIANTS VS. DODGERS



San Francisco Giants Notes

The game matched the longest game between the Giants and Dodgers at AT&T Park… SF and LA have played a 12.0 inning game on the Shores of McCovey Cove two times (April 12, 2003 and July 14, 2007).

Pitching Notes

TIM LINCECUM: Has allowed three runs or less in each of his 11 career starts against the Dodgers here at AT&T Park...he lowered his ERA to 2.03 (17er, 75.1ip) against LA here on the Shores of McCovey Cove.
       Has struck out 17 batters, compared to just one walk this season...issued the fourth most walks in the NL last year (76).


JUAN GUTIERREZ: His 2.1 innings out of the bullpen matched the longest relief appearance of his career (also: May 10, 2013 vs. NYY w/KC).

Hitting Notes

HECTOR SANCHEZ: Recorded his fourth career walk-off hit and his first since June 22, 2013 vs. MIA (1B off Ryan Webb).


THE GIANTS: went 0-for-5 tonight with the bases loaded and are just 2-for-13 this season with the bases full.

Los Angeles Dodgers Notes

The Dodgers are now 1-2 in extra inning games this season.

Pitching Notes

The Dodgers’ bullpen has posted a 1.69 ERA (4er, 21.1ip) with 27 strikeouts in four games against the Giants this season.

Hitting Notes

ADRIAN GONZALEZ: Extended his hitting streak to 10 games, as he went 1-for-5 at the plate.

MATT KEMP: Entered the game in the 7th inning and went 2-for-2 with a BB...the last Dodger to reach base safely three times in a game after entering off the bench was Juan Uribe on May 27, 2013 vs. the Angels (three hits).

martes, 15 de abril de 2014

REALMENTE SOMOS RICOS LOS CUARENTONES Y CINCUENTONES..



Plata en los cabellosOro en los dientesPiedras en los riñones.  Azúcar en la sangreDepósitos de Aceite y Grasa en caderaPlomo en los pies.Hierro en las articulacionesy una fuente inagotable de Gas Natural.
 
¡¡¡¡Nunca se pensó que a partir de los 40 se pudiera llegar a tener tantariqueza!!!!

un saludo a todos mis amigos “los ricos”.
 

Patriotic Theme to Earthquakes Match Against LA Galaxy at Stanford Stadium on June 28
 
SAN JOSE, California. – The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that they will give away 10,000 nesting dolls at their June 28 match against the LA Galaxy at Stanford Stadium, presented by Wells Fargo. The club will also feature an ‘Ode to the World Cup’ halftime show choreographed by Patrick Roberge Productions.

The dolls will feature Earthquakes players Chris Wondolowski, Clarence Goodson and Victor Bernardez in San Jose jerseys and their home country’s flag emblazoned on the back. All three players are in the mix to participate at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, Wondolowski and Goodson for the United States and Bernardez for Honduras.

“There’s a great level of excitement surrounding the World Cup and we hope to have three representatives from the San Jose Earthquakes,” said club president Dave Kaval. “Our annual match at Stanford Stadium has become one of the marquee sporting events on the Bay Area sports calendar and the World Cup adds even more excitement to this year’s game. Between the tailgating, halftime show, fireworks, special promotions and of course the soccer, we’re expecting another great event for our fans.”

Patrick Roberge Productions is back to produce their third-straight halftime show for the California Clasico at Stanford Stadium. The creators of the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics will put together another patriotic show. This year’s edition will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 1994 FIFA World Cup match between the United States and Brazil at Stanford Stadium.

Once again, the match will feature the biggest fireworks show in the Bay Area with a 15-minute synchronized performance courtesy of Pyro Spectaculars by Souza, Inc. following the final whistle.

This week is also the final opportunity to take advantage of the Fireworks 4-Pack, a ticket special that ends on Friday, April 18. The Fireworks 4-Pack includes between four and eight upper-level tickets for $25. This package and more are available by visiting www.sjearthquakes.com/stanford.

Six Largest Attendances in Club History
1. *73,123 – Earthquakes vs. D.C. United at Stanford Stadium, July 4, 1999
2. **61,572 – Earthquakes vs. Columbus Crew at Candlestick Park, August 8, 2009
3. 50,391 – Earthquakes vs. LA Galaxy at Stanford Stadium, June 30, 2012
4. 50,028 – Earthquakes vs. LA Galaxy at Stanford Stadium, June 29, 2013
5. 41,028 – Earthquakes vs. New York Red Bulls at Stanford Stadium, July 2, 2011
6. 39,872 – Earthquakes vs. LA Galaxy at Oakland-Alameda Coliseum, July 14, 2008

*Match played as first game of a doubleheader with U.S. Women’s National Team and Brazil during the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

**Match played as first game of a doubleheader with FC Barcelona and Chivas de Guadalajara. Fotos: Luis Alberto Torres -isc@2014

domingo, 13 de abril de 2014

San Jose Earthquakes to a 1-1 draw against the Columbus Crew on Saturday at Buck Shaw Stadium

Wondolowski Goal Rallies Earthquakes to 1-1 Draw Against Columbus

SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Chris Wondolowski scored his third goal of the season to rally the San Jose Earthquakes to a 1-1 draw against the Columbus Crew on Saturday at Buck Shaw Stadium.
Federico Higuain gave the visitors an initial 1-0 lead just before halftime, tapping home a cross from Waylon Francis. Hector Jimenez started the sequence with a lofted ball to the sideline, finding Francis in stride. The Costa Rican left back took the ball toward the end line and then slotted a pass on the ground to Higuain in the middle of the box for the finish.

The Earthquakes took control after the break with Portuguese signing Yannick Djalo providing a spark off the bench. San Jose’s first chance came just 20 seconds into the second half as Djalo sprung Wondolowski for a shot on the right side of the box. Wondolowski cut back after chasing down a through ball and fired with his left foot, only to be denied by a diving save from Crew goalkeeper Steve Clark.

Djalo was again in the mix a little over a minute later, this time finding the post on a chipped shot after a corner kick from Shea Salinas. Clarence Goodson was at the back post and nearly got a head on the ball before it struck iron. Djalo had another go on the rebound, but didn’t locate the target.

San Jose finally profited from their early chances in the 51st minute. Salinas zipped a corner into the middle of the box and found Wondolowski open at the doorstep for his third goal in four games to start the season.
The draw ups the Earthquakes’ unbeaten streak against Columbus to seven games.
 
San Jose returns to action on Saturday, April 19 against the Colorado Rapids at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park. Kickoff is 3 p.m. PT on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, 1590 KLIV and 1370 KZSF.

San Jose Earthquakes (0-2-2, 2 pts.) 1:1 Columbus Crew (3-1-1, 10 pts.)
April 13, 2014 – Buck Shaw Stadium
Attendance: 10,525

Scoring Summary: CLB – Federico Higuain (Waylon Francis, Hector Jimenez) 44; SJ – Chris Wondolowski (Shea Salinas) 51.

Misconduct Summary: CLB – Bernardo Anor (caution) 13; CLB – Giancarlo Gonzalez (caution) 15; SJ – Brandon Barklage (caution) 25; SJ – Yannick Djalo (caution) 69.

San Jose Earthquakes: Jon Busch, Brandon Barklage (JJ Koval 53), Victor Bernardez, Clarence Goodson, Jordan Stewart, Cordell Cato (Yannick Djalo 46), Sam Cronin, Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi, Shea Salinas, Chris Wondolowski, Alan Gordon.

SHOTS: 20; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; SAVES: 2; FOULS: 12; CORNER KICKS: 9;OFFSIDES: 4.

Columbus Crew – Steve Clark, Josh Williams (Tyson Wahl 76), Giancarlo Gonzalez, Michael Parkhurst, Waylon Francis, Hector Jimenez, Wil Trapp, Tony Tchani, Bernardo Anor, Federico Higuain, Dominic Oduro.

SHOTS: 20; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; SAVES: 4; FOULS: 8; CORNER KICKS: 5;OFFSIDES: 2.

SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES HEAD COACH MARK WATSON

On result:
“I was a little disappointed with our start again. That’s something we normally do a better job, starting a game with a lot of energy and jumping all over teams. That’s something we’ll have to address. I thought the guys responded well after the break. We sorted a few things out in the locker room, and I thought they responded well to get us back in the game.”

On Yannick Djalo:
“[Yannick Djalo] had 45 minutes and I thought he did well. He gave us that spark and has that bit of quality that I think we need. He has pace to go past people; I thought he was part of the bright start to our second half.”

On JJ Koval:
“He shows the maturity of a guy who’s been in the league for 10 years. He’s a good athlete, has a good understanding of the game tactically and has a good head on his shoulders. I think he’s played right back twice in his life and they were both with us, without preparation. He’s always adapted well.”
 
SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES FORWARD CHRIS WONDOLOWSKI
On having home-unbeaten streak snapped:
“Shea [Salinas] whipped in a great ball, got it over to the near post and I was able to flick it in. It’s easy to finish chances when you get service like that. I have to give credit to Shea on that one for playing a great ball in.”

On result:
“We have to stop putting ourselves in holes. The game definitely opened up and turned into a bit of a track meet, but had some chances. We’re not content with anything less than three points.”


SAN EARTHQUAKES ROOKIE JJ KOVAL

On playing right back:
“I got to play right back a bit at the MLS Combine, so this is maybe my second time playing there. I’m just happy to get on the field to provide some energy and contribute however I can. It was great to get that goal and earn a tie.”

On versatility:
“My mentality from the beginning has been to work hard in training and contribute in any way possible to help the team. Whether I’m playing center mid, right back or center back, I’m here to work hard to do whatever I can to help the team win.”

ALINEACION DEL PARTIDO COLORADO-GIGANTES EN SAN FRANCISO



April 13, 2014 – AT&T Park
Colorado Rockies (6-6)
 
San Francisco Giants (7-5)
No.
Player
No.
No.
No.
Player
Pos.
19
Charlie Blackmon (L)
CF
 
16
Angel Pagan (S)
CF
3
Michael Cuddyer
RF
 
9
Brandon Belt (L)
1B
5
Carlos Gonzalez (L)
LF
 
48
Pablo Sandoval (S)
3B
2
Troy Tulowitzki
SS
 
28
Buster Posey
C
33
Justin Morneau (L)
1B
 
8
Hunter Pence
RF
20
Wilin Rosario
C
 
38
Michael Morse
LF
28
Nolan Arenado
3B
 
35
Brandon Crawford (L)
SS
9
D.J. LeMahieu
2B
 
14
Brandon Hicks
2B
27
Tyler Chatwood
RHP
 
17
Tim Hudson
RHP